California Consumer Privacy Act
California Privacy Notice
This California Privacy Notice (“Notice”) is for California residents and explains how we collect, use, and share your Personal Information and how to exercise your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
When we say “Personal Information” in this Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. Personal Information does not include information that is aggregated or information that cannot be reasonably linked to you.
How we collect, use, and share Personal Information
To provide features offered by SafeAmerica Credit Union, we must process information about you, including Personal Information, whether or not you are registered or logged in. We may share your Personal Information for business purposes with strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the data we provide, at your direction, or in ways otherwise in accordance with the CCPA. We don’t sell any of your Personal Information, and we never will.
|Categories of Personal Information we collect may include:||Examples of how Personal Information is used include:||Parties with whom your information may be shared include:|
Sources of Personal Information
We receive Personal Information from the information that you and others provide, your device(s), and from our partners. The categories of sources from which we’ve collected or received Personal Information include:
- You: We collect communications and other information you provide when you use our Products, including when you sign up for an online banking account and message or communicate with us.
- Other people: We may also receive and analyze content, communications, and information about you that other people provide when they use our Products, such as when others share an account.
- Your device(s): We collect information from and about the computers, phones, connected TVs, and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with our Products, and we combine this information across different devices you use.
- Partners: App developers, and publishers and other partners can send us information for business purposes —including information about your device, our website pages you visit, and things you do on their services. Partners receive your data when you visit or use their services. We require each of these partners to have rights to collect, use, and share your data before providing any data to us.
How can you exercise your rights provided under the CCPA?
Under the CCPA, you have the following rights:
- Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose to you the Personal Information we collect, use, or disclose, and information about our data practices;
- Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information that we have collected from you;
- Right to Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
If you are a California resident requesting to exercise your “right to know” or your “right to request deletion,” please contact SafeAmerica Credit Union at Contact Us.
Please note that to protect your information and the integrity of our Products, we may need to verify your identity before processing your request. In some cases, we may need to collect additional information to verify your identity, such as a government-issued ID.
Under the CCPA, you may exercise these rights yourself or you may designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. We may request that your authorized agent have written permission from you to make requests on your behalf and may need to verify your authorized agent’s identity.
Contact for more information.
If you have additional questions about this notice or how to exercise your rights under the CCPA, please contact us.
Effective: January 1, 2020