SafeAmerica Credit Union is now a $500 million credit union! We've reached this incredible milestone in asset size through the dedication and hard work of our employees and through our members who have, since 1953, placed their continued loyalty in us.
2020 was a year that presented it’s own sets of challenges with the onset of the pandemic, but through it all, we persevered. We thank you for your membership and for continuing to place your trust in us. Together, we're stronger and better than ever.
Thank you for making us $500 million strong!
- 1953 - Two credit unions from San Francisco got together to serve Northern California Safeway employees
- 1965 - Moved offices from San Francisco to Burlingame
- 1966 - The credit unions merged to form Safeway San Francisco Employees Federal Credit Union
- 1982 - Moved operations from Burlingame to Hayward
- 1983 - Changed its name to Safeway Federal Credit Union
- 1985 - Reached $100 million is assets
- 1989 - Changed its name once again, to SafeAmerica Federal Credit Union
- 2003 - Became a State Chartered credit union, changing it's name to SafeAmerica Credit Union
- 2008 - Reached $250 million in assets
- 2013 - Celebrates 60 years of service
- 2020 - Reached $500 million in assets
Images Through the Years