Information is brought to you by our partner, GreenPath Financial Wellness
April is Financial Literacy Month – a good time to consider the importance of financial literacy education, especially with the economic uncertainties caused by the ongoing pandemic. Continuing our series of blogs sharing information as part of Financial Literacy Month, the focus today is on finding the right financial tools for success – whether the resources help us with budgeting, setting financial goals, or managing credit card debt, loans, or other debt.
Check out these financial tools to begin understanding options to figure out your finances.
A healthy financial future begins with an understanding of a person’s current situation. Online financial calculators help people run the numbers and answer questions related to financing their home or comparing how a debt management plan can help manage credit card debt.
Financial Wellness Resources
Being able to make healthy financial choices is about having good information at your fingertips. Much of that education is available online, but it’s important to tap into trusted resources. As an example, as a national nonprofit, GreenPath makes available a library of resources including worksheets, guides, educational on-demand webinars about managing finances, online learning experiences to help set a simple spending plan or prioritize expenses, and other educational tools.
Financial Counseling and Debt Management
Teaming with a trusted financial counseling agency gets the right information to help people make the best decisions about their future.
As a national nonprofit, GreenPath Financial Wellness provides free one on one financial advising with certified counselors. You’ll improve your financial literacy education with credit card debt counseling, debt management plans, student loan counseling, housing counseling, foreclosure mitigation, and debt management counseling
Based on a person’s full financial picture, people will understand how to pay down debt, steps to rebuild credit history, tips to create a savings strategy or other specific information to move forward.
As your financial institution, we proudly provide our members with insight through financial education and resources that may be of benefit. Through this, we can equip our members with knowledge to assist with helping to prevent financial stress, especially during when its most unpredictable.
Below is a list of available resources SafeAmerica Credit Union has for members:
Here you can learn and calculate:
- What your loan payments would be
- What your auto payments would be
- Should you refinance your auto loan at a lower rate
- How long it would take to to pay off your credit card(s)
- Should you transfer your credit balances to a lower rate with us
- How much could you borrow from your home equity (HELOC)
- Should you refinance your mortgage
- Understanding your possible mortgage payment
- How much would you need for retirement
- how much should you save to reach your financial goal
Here you can stay up to date with our current rates for:
- Credit & Personal
Through our How-To Videos you will understand the following:
- What is a Credit Union
- How to enroll in Online Banking
- How to use Our Mobile App
- How to use Mobile Deposit
- How to use mobile wallet
- How to make a payment
Learn about online security through our How-To videos:
- Getting back your stolen identity
- Simple Tips for Secure Mobile Banking
- Protect your Account through Strong Passwords
- Wi-Fi Network Access Scams
- What is Multifactor Authentication?
- Protect Yourself from Phishing Attacks
- Protect Yourself from Vishing Attacks
- Protect Yourself from Gift Card Scams
- Warning! Fake Cashier's Checks
- How did a Virus Get on My Computer
Read our blog for continuous financial learning and updates:
- Financial Literacy for Kids
- 5 Factors That Affect Your Credit Score
- What is a balance transfer
- What is a Debt Management Plan
Our blog is constantly being updated on a monthly basis, so make sure to check back often!
We have also partnered with GreenPath Financial Wellness to provide exclusive and free financial education and counseling.
Learn more about GreenPath by clicking below.