Online Banking Terms and Conditions
Consumer Online Banking Enrollment and Use Agreement and Electronic Fund Transfer Disclosures
Electronic Document Election Agreement and Disclosures
Additional Online Banking Services Terms
By enrolling in or logging in to use SafeAmerica Credit Union’s Online Banking service, you, the user of one or more SafeAmerica Credit Union Online Banking services, agree to the following terms and conditions and acknowledge receipt of the following agreements and disclosures.
You consent to receive in electronic form all documents that the Credit Union is required or permitted to give you in writing. Further details about this election, including technical requirements and how to opt out and obtain Credit Union documents in paper rather than electronic form, are found in the Electronic Document Election section below.
SafeAmerica Credit Union also makes other electronic banking services available outside the scope of the Electronic Funds Transfer Act and its implementing regulations. Information about and terms of those services are found in the Additional Online Banking Services section below.
“SafeAmerica, “we,” “us” and “our” mean SafeAmerica Credit Union and any third party with which SafeAmerica has contracted to provide Online Banking services.
“Authorized person” or “you” means the member, any joint owner, and any authorized person (such as the holder of a power of attorney) who in SafeAmerica’s records is authorized to transact on any accounts maintained under a member number.
“Access device” means any device used along with your user name and password to enroll in or log into SafeAmerica Online Banking. Access devices may include personal computers, internet-enabled mobile devices such as tablets or smartphones, or other internet-enabled devices that may become available in the future.
You agree not to copy, reproduce, distribute or create derivative works from the content of the Online Banking services or to reverse engineer or reverse compile any technology used to provide the Online Banking services.
SafeAmerica Credit Union uses industry-standard technology and security measures to provide providing Online Banking. Keeping your SafeAmerica Online Banking activity is safe and secure is among SafeAmerica’s highest priorities. However, due to risks inherent in use of computer technology, mobile devices and the internet, SafeAmerica cannot and does not guarantee that your use of Online Banking will be absolutely secure. SAFEAMERICA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS TO THE FULL EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW WITH RESPECT TO OUR ONLINE BANKING SERVICES: (1) ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; AND (2) ANY WARRANTY THAT OUR ONLINE BANKING SERVICES WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE AND WITHOUT INTERRUPTION. The Error Resolution section of the Online Banking EFT Services section of this document covers your right to dispute unauthorized activity and other errors that occur in Online Banking.
Current SafeAmerica Online Banking hardware, software and encryption requirements are available at safeamerica.com.
Depending on the access device you use to access Online Banking, your use may result in charges being assessed by your internet service provider, mobile telephone service provider or other provider. You are solely responsible for fees assessed by third parties in connection with your use of Online Banking. Any fees that may be assessed by SafeAmerica in connection with your use of Online Banking are disclosed in the most recent published version of our Fee Schedule. You can view the Fee Schedule online or request a copy by calling (800) 972-0999 or visiting any SafeAmerica branch.
You are solely responsible for the installation or set-up, operation and maintenance of, and payment for, all third-party hardware, equipment, software, connectivity, and all other equipment and services that you use to access Online Banking. SafeAmerica will have no responsibility or liability for errors or problems that result from your use of third-party products or services to access Online Banking. Our sole liability with respect to your use of Online Banking will be to correct errors that we make and of which you give us timely notice.
If you notify us that you are experiencing technical difficulty with a SafeAmerica-provided access device, system or application, such as our Mobile Banking application, you can contact us (see How to Contact Us) and we will make a good faith effort to correct the problem if we determine it is caused by a circumstance or condition within our control.
We can ask you to comply with our security and identity verification procedures before we allow you to access Online Banking, obtain information about your SafeAmerica financial services, or change your contact information.
We may change any term of this document by providing you with any advance written notice required by law.
We may suspend or cancel this Agreement and your use of SafeAmerica’s Online Banking services with or without notice if any of the following occurs:
- You breach this or any other agreement with SafeAmerica (including loan agreements);
- We have reason to believe there may be unauthorized use of your Online Banking user name or password;
- We have been notified that there are conflicting claims to funds in any SafeAmerica account of yours;
- Suspension or termination is necessary to preserve the security of SafeAmerica accounts or systems; or
- Any authorized person asks us to do so.
Termination or suspension of this Agreement or of your use of SafeAmerica’s Online Banking service will not relieve you of any obligation incurred prior to the termination or suspension.
Unless otherwise required due to the laws of your state of residence, California and applicable federal law, including but not limited to Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Regulation E, govern this agreement. If any provision is found to be unenforceable, the remaining provisions will continue in effect.
SafeAmerica’s business days are Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays. We may be open to provide services on other days, but we do not consider them “business days” as that term is used in this document.
If you become indebted to SafeAmerica as a result of your use of Online Banking and do not pay what you owe us upon our demand, you agree that we can, unless prohibited by law or the governing account agreement, recover all or part of your unpaid debt from any SafeAmerica share account in which you have an interest, without notice to you and without waiving other rights we have to collect what you owe us. You agree to pay any reasonable collection costs we incur before we take legal action to collect what you owe SafeAmerica. If SafeAmerica takes legal action to collect what you owe us, you agree to pay our reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs in addition to any other remedy the court finds proper.
Electronic Document Election
By enrolling in SafeAmerica Online Banking, you waive your right to receive paper documents from SafeAmerica and agree that SafeAmerica may electronically provide to you any document that we are required or permitted to provide to you in writing. Documents include but are not limited to periodic account and loan statements, agreements and disclosures governing your SafeAmerica products and services, change-in-terms notices, escheat notices and year-end reports to taxing authorities (“Documents”). SafeAmerica may at our sole option elect to deliver some or all Documents in paper form, either by delivering them to you personally or mailing them to you at your most recent postal address in our records.
Electronic Documents will have all the same information as paper Documents, though the formatting may differ in some cases. You will have the same opportunities to contact SafeAmerica about any errors or questions about your Documents.
To receive and view Electronic Documents, you will need an access device, user name and password, internet access, a recent version of Adobe Acrobat or other software that allows you to read and save PDF files, a supported mainstream browser capable of handling encrypted transmissions, and a valid e-mail address. Electronic Documents are designed to display on a computer screen. Although you may be able to retrieve Electronic Documents on a mobile access device such as a smartphone, the display on a smaller screen may not be optimal.
We deliver Electronic Documents by notifying you at your e-mail address in our records that they are available for pickup on our secure web site, www.safeamerica.com. You will need to log in using your Online Banking user name and password to retrieve and view your Electronic Documents. You can retain copies of Electronic Documents by printing them or saving them to your computer or any other device that allows you to store electronic files.
You can request a paper copy of any Electronic Document we send you by submitting a request via the secure Online Banking system, by telephone at (800) 972-0999, or in person at any SafeAmerica branch.
You may at any time opt out of receipt of Electronic Documents from SafeAmerica. To opt out and request that SafeAmerica instead provide all documents to you in paper form, any authorized person can submit a request via the secure Online Banking system, or write to us or give us your instruction in person at any SafeAmerica branch. The most recent election in our records will determine whether you receive paper or Electronic Documents from SafeAmerica. If there is more than one authorized person associated with your member number, we will follow the most recent instruction in our records. If we receive conflicting instructions, we will send paper Documents to the most recent postal address we have in our records for the member associated with the member number.
If you change your e-mail address and wish to continue to receive Electronic Documents, you must give us your updated e-mail address. You can tell us your updated e-mail address via the secure Online Banking system or in person at any SafeAmerica branch location. If we attempt to e-mail notices to you and they are returned due to an invalid e-mail address, we may immediately resume sending paper Documents. At our sole option, we may attempt to reach you by telephone or postal mail to obtain an updated e-mail address before we begin sending paper Documents.
If SafeAmerica sends you paper Documents, whether because you opt out of receipt of Electronic Documents or because you fail to maintain a valid e-mail address in our records, paper Document fees may apply. Any paper Document fees are disclosed on the Fee Schedule.
Online Banking EFT Services
This section covers SafeAmerica’s Online Banking services that are subject to the Electronic Funds Transfer Act and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Regulation E. Online Banking EFT Services allow you to access your SafeAmerica accounts and make payments over the internet using an access device with your user name and password. Some Online Banking EFT services may not be available on all access devices. Services in the Additional Online Banking Services are available as a member convenience as part of our Online Banking suite of services but are not considered “Electronic Funds Transfers” under applicable law.
Establishing Online Banking (Including Mobile Banking)
To use any SafeAmerica Online Banking service, you must enroll. To enroll, you must use a personal computer with internet access and a supported mainstream browser capable of handling encrypted transmissions. You will also need your member number and be able to answer verification questions to receive a one-time activation code. During the enrollment process, you will select an alpha or alphanumeric user name and an alphanumeric password for subsequent access to Online Banking. You will also select challenge questions and answers that you will be prompted to answer if you attempt to log on to Online Banking using an access device that we do not recognize.
Once Online Banking enrollment is complete, you will need only an access device and your user name and password to log on for future sessions.
If you have enrolled in Online Banking, you can register devices for Mobile Banking by either (1) downloading the SafeAmerica Mobile Banking application to your internet-enabled Android or iPhone/iTouch/iPad mobile device or (2) using Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) to register your internet-enabled mobile device. To do this, go to [URL] where you will find a direct link to the WAP wireless-optimized version of our web site. You will be prompted to complete registration by appending your normal Online Banking password with a one-time PIN which is e-mailed to you. If you want to use SMS Text Banking (see below), you must register your mobile device using the WAP. At this time, SafeAmerica’s Mobile Banking application is available for use on Android and Apple iPhone/iTouch/iPad devices. Click Current Supported Mobile Devices for a list of supported devices.
Keeping Your Access Devices and Passwords Safe
To minimize the risk of unauthorized use of EFT access devices, user names and passwords, you agree to follow these rules:
- Never keep written user names or passwords with or near your access devices.
- Do not let others watch you key in your user name or password.
- Do not allow internet service providers or third-party payment application providers to “remember” or “save” your user name and password on access devices. Memorize and re-enter this information each time you log in.
- The only time you should provide your password to SafeAmerica is when you are logging into use Online Banking. SafeAmerica will never ask you for your password in person, by mail, by e-mail, or by telephone. Any e-mail or postal mail requesting your Online Banking password is fraudulent. Should you receive such as request, DO NOT release your information, but please notify SafeAmerica as soon as you can.
- If you voluntarily give a third party your SafeAmerica your user name and password or an access device that does not require entry of your user name and password to access SafeAmerica Online Banking, you are giving that person permission to conduct any transaction you could conduct yourself and you are responsible for all transactions initiated by that person. See Your Responsibility for Unauthorized EFTs below for more information.
Available Online Banking EFT Services
Once you are logged into Online Banking, you can perform the following electronic fund transfers:
- Transfer funds between SafeAmerica accounts maintained under the same core member number (except holiday club, IRA and certificate);
- Obtain an open-end credit line advance and have it deposited to your checking, regular share savings or money market account or issued by check payable to you and mailed to you at your address in our records;
- Transfer funds from your checking, regular share savings or money market accounts to pay your SafeAmerica loans;
- Verify loan and account balances, prior year and year-to-date dividends, and last check clearance status;
- Withdraw funds from your checking, savings or money market accounts in the form of a check payable to you and mailed to you at your address in our records
- Review transaction history;
- Open and fund additional credit union accounts with the same combination of owners and beneficiaries (except IRA, HSA and fiduciary accounts);
- Transfer funds from your account to the account of another SafeAmerica member (authorization by both parties required for privacy reasons);
- Transfer funds from your SafeAmerica account to accounts you have at other financial institutions;
- Install third-party applications such as PayPal®, Apple Pay and Google Pay® on your supported mobile device to initiate payments from your SafeAmerica checking account to third parties that accept such payments (see further information in Third Party Mobile Payment Services below);
- Pay bills online using the Online Bill Payer feature (see terms below); and
- Conduct certain Online Banking activity via Text Banking (see terms below).
With Online Bill Payer, you can use your access device with your user name and password to pay bills from your SafeAmerica Checking Account. Online Bill Payer does not access savings or money market accounts. You can pay the same amount or a variable amount each month. You can also choose to pay bills individually as you receive them or schedule payment of certain bills automatically each month in a fixed amount. You can save or print copies of your authorizations. We will withdraw funds from your Checking Account by 9:00 a.m. on the day you have scheduled for payment.
The Online Bill Payer system will tell you the estimated amount of time it will take for your payments to reach your payees. You are responsible for scheduling bill payments to arrive at your payees on time. SafeAmerica will not have any liability to you or to any third party arising out of your use of Online Bill Payer except for actual damages (limited to late fees and interest) arising out of our failure to timely and accurately process a bill payment consistent with the instructions you enter. In no event will we be liable for alleged consequential, special, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your use of Online Bill Payer, such as alleged lost business opportunities or alleged harm to your credit standing.
An exception fee may be charged if, when using Bill Payer, an incorrect vendor name, address, customer account number or payment due is entered and we attempt to set up or send the payment. If you correct the inaccurate information before we attempt to set up or send the payment, no exception fee will be charged. Refer to the Fee Schedule.
SMS Text Banking
If you enroll a mobile device in Online Banking and that device has SMS text message capability, you can use SMS Text Banking to enter text commands for certain SafeAmerica account transactions on your mobile device. Information and command codes are available through the MENU and HELP keys. SMS Text Banking enables you to
- View a list of your SafeAmerica accounts and available balances;
- View individual SafeAmerica account transaction history;
- Transfer money between SafeAmerica accounts under the same core member number; and
- Unsubscribe from SMS Text Banking (including text alerts).
Third Party Mobile Payment Services
If you want to use a registered mobile device to initiate PayPal®, Google Wallet®, Apple Pay ® or similar payment transactions processed by a third party, you will need to download those third-party payment applications to your device. To establish a SafeAmerica account as your payment source, you will need to enroll that account as your source account using the third-party payment application.
Your use of third party mobile payment software applications and payment processing services will be subject to separate agreements with the third parties regarding licensing and terms and conditions of use. You are solely responsible for you use of and compliance with such third-party applications, services and agreements. SafeAmerica expressly disclaims any liability with respect to your use of such third-party applications and services, other than for our failure to accurately follow payment instructions you initiate within SafeAmerica’s Online Banking service. The third-party payment application provider has sole control over, and sole responsibility for, the functionality and security of its applications, the support of its applications, and the designation of devices on which its applications can be installed.
You generally cannot stop payment on Online Banking transfers once you initiate them. You can stop Online Bill Payer payments that have not yet occurred by deleting the payment from Online Bill Payer. If the payment has already been withdrawn and you notify us immediately by calling us at the number at the end of this document, we may be able to stop the payment if we have not yet sent it to the payee. Once we have sent your payment, you must handle any problems, disputes or questions directly with the payee.
Online Banking Transaction Limits
Online Banking debits (withdrawals) from regular share savings and money market accounts count toward the six-per-month limit on non-personal withdrawals you may make from your non-transaction accounts. Refer to the Deposits and Withdrawals section of your SafeAmerica Member Handbook and Account Agreement for more information on limits on certain types of withdrawals and transfers out of non-checking accounts.
Online Banking debits must be backed by available funds in the account you access unless you intend to rely on available overdraft protection by agreement on your Checking Account. Overdraft protection by agreement is available for Online Bill Payer debits on Checking Accounts. Discretionary overdraft protection may, at our sole option, be available for Online Bill Payer debits on Checking Accounts. If you do not have available overdraft protection by agreement and we elect not to make discretionary overdraft protection available, Online Bill Payer debits will be declined and our standard “Returned NSF” fee will apply. Refer to the Fee Schedule.
Overdraft protection is not available for Online Banking account transfers (for example, transfers from checking to regular share savings or transfers from checking to pay loans you have with us); instead the Online Banking transfer will be declined at no charge.
You can register a maximum of __ devices for access to accounts and loans maintained under a single core member number.
If your password is entered incorrectly more than __ times in a row, your access to Online Banking will be blocked. ___________________ can reset your access for you. You can also request your user name online by using your member number or Check Card number. Your user name will be e-mailed to you at the address we have on file for you. You can then re-set your password after we confirm that you are using a recognized computer and you answer security questions.
There are no fees to use Online Banking or Online Bill Payer. However, special handling such as stop payment requests may be subject to fees. See the Fee Schedule.
Documentation of Online Banking Transactions
Online Banking transactions will be reflected on your periodic statements, and you can use Online Banking to review your account history at any time. You can also save and print copies of Online Bill Payer authorizations.
Your Liability for Unauthorized Online Banking Activity
Notify us immediately if you believe an unauthorized person has gained access to your access device, user name or password or there has been or may be unauthorized Online Banking activity on any SafeAmerica account of yours. Please refer to How to Contact Us at the end of this document. Calling us is the best way to keep your possible losses down. If you do not tell us promptly, you could lose all of the money in your account(s) plus any available credit limit or funds in accounts linked as overdraft protection sources to the account subject to unauthorized access.
If you report the loss, theft or actual or potential unauthorized use of your access device, user name or password to us within two days after you learn about it, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your access device, user name or password without your express or implied permission.
However, if you DO NOT not tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss, theft or actual or potential unauthorized use and we can prove we could have stopped someone from accessing your account via Online Banking without your permission, you could lose as much as $500.
Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was mailed to you or we sent you an e-mail notice that your electronic statement was available for viewing, you may not get back any money you lost after sixty (60) days, if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time.
If a good reason, such as long trip or a hospital stay, kept you from telling us, we may extend the time periods.
Please consult your applicable loan agreements for liability for unauthorized direct Online Banking access to your SafeAmerica lines of credit.
If an authorized person asks the Credit Union to issue an Online Banking user name and password to someone, the recipient is deemed to have been given your permission to withdraw funds from and perform any other transaction on your accounts that you could perform yourself. You are responsible for all of their transactions, whether or not you gave them permission to make the specific transaction. This rule regarding authorization also applies if you yourself give another person your Online Banking user name and password. You are obligated to repay any charges resulting from the use of Online Banking with the express or implied permission of any authorized person, regardless of whether the person stays within the scope of your permission. Once you have given someone express or implied permission to use your user name and password to access Online Banking, all transactions by that person are considered authorized until you notify us and change your Online Banking user name and password. We are not subject to agreements between you and third parties limiting their access to your accounts.
Credit Union Liability
If we do not properly complete an Online Banking transaction according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your direct losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable if
- Through no fault of ours, your account does not contain enough money or you don’t have available credit or overdraft protection by agreement to make the transaction;
- The Online Banking system was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transaction;
- Money in your account is subject to legal process or other claim;
- We have blocked access to your account due to your failure to meet your obligations to us;
- We have blocked the user name or password you are attempting to use due to its having been report to us as lost, stolen or otherwise subject to access by an unauthorized person;
- Circumstances beyond our control, such as fire, flood, electrical failure, or malfunction of the central data processing facility prevent completion of the transaction despite our reasonable precautions; or
- We establish other lawful exceptions and give you legally required advance notice of them.
In no event will SafeAmerica be liable for consequential, indirect or punitive costs or damages that you claim resulted from our failure to properly process your Online Banking transactions.
We will carry out instructions the Online Banking system receives. We will not incur liability for doing so in a reasonable manner. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold SafeAmerica and our third-party service providers harmless from all costs, claims, damages or liability to which we become subject as a result of carrying out in a reasonable manner instructions received through Online Banking.
With respect to EFTs, in the ordinary course of business, we will disclose information to third parties about your accounts or the transfers you make:
- When necessary to complete transfers or investigate claims of unauthorized activity or other errors;
- To verify the existence and condition of your account for third parties such as consumer reporting agencies or merchants;
- To comply with valid government agency or court orders; or
- If you give us your written permission.
In Case of Errors or Questions About Your Online Banking Electronic Fund Transfers
If you think that an Online Banking transaction shown on your statement is wrong, or if you need more information about an Online Banking transaction, contact us at the telephone number listed under How to Contact Us at the end of this document. Please tell us all the information requested under What to Tell Us In Case of Any Error or Inquiry.
We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the FIRST statement on which the error or problem appeared. If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within ten business days. We will tell you the results of our investigation within ten business days (twenty business days if your account is less than 30 days old) after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly.
If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days (90 business days if your account is less than 30 days old) to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will provisionally credit your account within ten business days (twenty business days if your account is less than 30 days old) for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation.
If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten business days, we may not provisionally credit your account while we investigate.
We will give you a written explanation of our investigation within three business days of completing it, whether or not we decide there was an error. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
If we find that there was an error, we will change any provisional credit to a permanent credit. If we find that there was no error, we will reverse any provisional credit and the amount of the provisional credit will be deducted from your account. We will notify you if this happens, and will pay any items that overdraw your account for five business days after we send you this notice without imposing an overdraft fee, but only to the extent the overdrafts are equal to or less than the amount of the provisional credit we deducted. If any item overdraws your account by more than the amount of the provisional credit, you will be charged an overdraft fee.
Additional Online Banking Services
Additional Services Available Within Secure Online Banking
In addition to Online Banking electronic fund transfers, you can log into SafeAmerica’s secure Online Banking system to perform the following additional activities:
- Complete pre-filled Credit Union consumer loan application;
- Check loan application status;
- Enroll in e-mail or text account status alerts;
- Order additional or replacement Check Cards;
- Order checks;
- View cleared check images;
- Use the Online Bill Pay feature to set up electronic bill presentment from participating billers ;
- Submit stop-payment requests on personal checks or pre-scheduled automatic payments (refer to the Electronic Funds Transfer section of your SafeAmerica Member Handbook and Account Agreement for more information about automated clearing house [ACH] payments);
- Update your personal information including your name, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number
- Update your Online Banking access credentials;
- Exchange secure messages with Credit Union personnel ; and
- Initiate domestic (U.S.) wire transfers up to $____________
Remote Deposit Capture Terms and Conditions
By enrolling in and submitting any item for deposit payment via SafeAmerica’s Remote Deposit Capture (RDC) service, you agree to these terms and conditions. SafeAmerica can require you to apply for and be approved for RDC prior to enrollment.
RDC allows you to make check deposits to your SafeAmerica savings and/or checking (share draft) accounts from remote locations by scanning both sides of checks and delivering the check images and associated deposit information to SafeAmerica. You can use a scanner connected to a personal computer with Internet Access or an Android or iPhone/iTouch/iPad mobile device with a camera to which you have downloaded our Mobile Banking application to send us check images for deposit. The following terms and conditions apply to RDC.
- We will not be responsible for any technical difficulties you experience attempting to use RDC. You are responsible for the devices and internet connection you use.
- Once a deposit is successfully transmitted through RDC, you will receive a notice of deposit status by an “In Application” message. Some deposits may require additional review once accepted and will be confirmed by e-mail to the address we have on record for you at the time the deposit is accepted.
- You agree that once you have received confirmation that we have successfully processed your RDC deposit, you will clearly mark “void” or shred or otherwise properly destroy the original item within 30 days after the deposit is accepted, to avoid the item being deposited or presented again. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold SafeAmerica harmless from any claims, damages, losses, liability or expenses to which we may become subject as a result of an item you deposited via RDC being presented for duplicate payment.
- Only the following items may be deposited by RDC: checks drawn on U.S. financial institutions in U.S. dollars, or checks drawn on the United States Treasury, or checks drawn on any state or local government of the United States. Checks must be payable to you and endorsed by you for deposit to an account of which you are an owner. You agree not to attempt to use RDC to deposit checks with any of the following characteristics: a) The check is not payable to you; b) There is any apparent alteration to the front of the check; c) You know or have reason to believe that the check is fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn; d) The check is payable in currency other than U.S. dollars; e) The check has previously been converted to a substitute check; f) The check has been remotely created; g) The issue date is more than 6 months prior to the attempted deposit date; h) The check is post-dated; or i) You have any reason to believe the check will not be paid by the institution on which it is drawn. The check image transmitted via RDC must be legible and compliant with requirements established from time to time by ANSI, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve or any other regulatory agency, clearinghouse or association.
- We may terminate or change the terms of RDC at any time, including but not limited to the categories of checks we will accept for deposit via RDC or endorsement requirements, with or without notice to you.
- We may, at our sole discretion, refuse to accept any item presented for deposit via RDC. We will notify you via email if we do this. We will have no liability to you for declining to accept items presented for deposit via RDC.
- Funds from any check deposited via RDC will be available to you after final collection from the institution on which it is drawn. We may make funds available sooner depending on factors we at our sole discretion deem relevant, including but not limited to your account history with SafeAmerica and your creditworthiness. As a courtesy we may make the first $200 available on the day of deposit and may make other funds available before final collection from the paying institution. Our making funds available for withdrawal is not a guarantee that a remotely deposited check will be paid. If a remotely deposited check is lawfully returned, the amount of the check plus the returned deposit item fee shown on the Fee Schedule will be deducted from your account. If the deduction results in a negative balance, you are responsible for restoring the negative balance upon our request. If you do not, you will pay our reasonable costs of collection, including attorneys' fees and court costs.
- You agree to notify us of any errors with respect any RDC deposit within 30 days after we send you the first periodic statement on it appears. We will review your claim and correct any error on our part. We will not, however, be responsible for any error asserted more than 30 days after we send you the periodic statement on which it appears.
A. You agree not to copy, reproduce, distribute or create derivative works from the content of the RDC service or to reverse engineer or reverse compile any technology used to provide the RDC service. SafeAmerica Credit Union and our third-party providers of RDC Service retain all ownership and proprietary rights in the Services, associated content, technology and web sites.
J. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE RDC SERVICE AND ALL INFORMATION AND CONTENT (INCLUDING THAT OF THIRD PARTIES) IS AT YOUR RISK AND IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND AS TO THE USE OF THE RDC SERVICE, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE RDC SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE RDC SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, THAT THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE RDC SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, OR THAT ERRORS IN THE RDC SERVICE OR TECHNOLOGY WILL BE CORRECTED.
K. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER LOSSES RESULTING FROM USE OF THE SERVICES, INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, OR TERMINATION OF THE SERVICES, INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION NOR CLAIM (WHETHER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE), EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF.
L. You agree and warrant to us that (i) you will use RDC only to transmit eligible checks; (ii) check images will meet quality standards; (iii) you will not use RDC to transmit duplicate items; (iv) you will not deposit or re-present the original item once it has been submitted for deposit via RDC; (v) all information you provide to us is accurate and correct; and (vi) you will comply with these Terms and Conditions, all agreements you have with SafeAmerica, and all applicable rules, laws and regulations.
M. We can change the terms of these terms and conditions by notice to you. If you become indebted to us by your use of RDC, you agree that we can recover costs we incur in collecting what you owe, including attorney's fees and costs in addition to any other remedies the court finds proper. If a provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid, the remaining provisions will continue in effect.
At our public website, www.safeamerica.com, you can obtain up-to-date information about SafeAmerica products, services and promotions, use our branch and ATM locator feature, review extensive financial education materials, and learn about SafeAmerica in the community. No log-in is required to use the public web site.
How to Contact SafeAmerica Credit Union
Toll-free in Northern California (800) 972-0999
Report Lost or Stolen Debit Cards After Hours (800) 554-8969
Report Lost or Stolen Credit Cards After Hours (800) 991-4965
Please DO NOT use e-mail for urgent messages such as lost or stolen cards.
SafeAmerica Credit Union
Attn: Member Services
6001 Gibraltar Drive
Pleasanton, CA 94588
What to Tell Us In Case of Error or Inquiry
- Your name
- Your account number
- The date of the questioned transaction
- Any transaction number associated with the transaction
- The dollar amount of the suspected error
- A description of the error or transaction you are not sure about
- Your explanation, if you can provide one, of why you believe there is an error
- If you need more information about a transaction, ask us for clarification.