Click a topic below to read about some of our frequently asked questions about online and mobile banking or choose a How-To guide to see step-by-step instructions.
What browsers are supported for online banking?
Safari, Firefox, Chrome and IE versions 11+, Microsoft Edge. Make sure you have the latest version of your browser.
Am I required to enroll for the first time on a desktop/laptop or can I enroll via a mobile device?
You can enroll for the first time through either online or mobile banking. Just click the Enroll link.
I’m having trouble registering for online banking. What should I do?
Please contact SafeAmerica Credit Union a (800) 972-0999.
I’m locked out of my account. How do I get back in?
Please contact SafeAmerica Credit Union at (800) 972-0999.
I forgot my password. How do I recover it?
Click the “Forgot Password” link at the login page for either online or mobile banking. You can set a new password there.
I forgot my user name. How do I find it?
Please contact SafeAmerica to reset your user name.
How do I update my password?
You can update your password, once you’re logged into online banking, under More/Profile Settings or by clicking on your profile icon in the upper left corner.
How do I update my personal information?
To update your personal information, once logged in, click the More tab at the top, then choose Profile Settings. From here you can update your personal information, then click Save Changes when you're done.
Do you offer MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication)?
Yes. Upon logging in for the first time, you will be required to perform an additional security check by verifying and registering your device. We will email or text you a verification code. Enter that code into the login screen. You can elect to “Register Device” if you’d like to bypass this step the next time you log in.
What causes me to get locked out?
If you have tried multiple times with an invalid password, you will be locked out. Please contact SafeAmerica Credit Union to unlock your account.
How do I review my account balances?
Once you login, whether on desktop or mobile version, you can see a summary of your accounts on the home page. Click on each account to see more details.
How do I customize my Dashboard?
To customize your view on your Dashboard, click on the gear icon in the top, right. From here you can drag and drop each account name into different groups. Just hover over the 6 dots to the left of the account name and drag it to the group you want. You can also create a new group by clicking the Create New Group red button at the top. To change the name of your group, click on the pencil icon. To hide/unhide your accounts, click on the eye icon.
Where do I access my Card Rewards?
To go to your Card Rewards, go to the More tab at the top and select Card Rewards in the drop-down menu.
Where do I access Bill Pay?
To access Bill Pay, select the My Finance tab at the top, then choose the Bill Pay tile.
How do I see my account number in Online Banking?
To view your account number, from your dashboard, hover over the 3 dots for the account you want to see, then select Show Account Number. Your full account number will appear. You can hide your account number by going through the same steps.
How do I collapse my account group tiles on my dashboard?
To collapse/expand your account tiles within each group, click on the double arrows to the left of your account tile on the dashboard. Your account tiles are now stacked. To expand your tiles, hover over the top of the tiles and click Expand Accounts.
Where is the Sign Out button located?
For Online Banking, the sign out button is located in the upper right corner. Within Mobile Banking, the sign out button is located in the More menu in the bottom right corner.
How do I download the app?
Go to the Apple store or Google Play store and search for the SafeAmerica Credit Union app. Download and follow the on-screen instructions.
Can I enable my phone with facial recognition to login to the app?
Yes. If you have this feature on your device, you can use this to login. Go to More/App Settings/Enable Face ID to set up this feature.
Are there any fees for mobile banking?
No. It’s free.
If I used my computer to register, will I have to register again on my phone and/or tablet?
I have a new mobile phone. How do I switch over to my new phone?
Go to the Apple store or Google Play store to download our mobile app.
How do I log into the app via my phone?
Once you’ve downloaded the app onto your phone, input your valid user name and password.
How do I update my password via my mobile device?
You will need to login to online banking via desktop/laptop to update your password. Go to the More tab and click Profile Settings.
I forgot my password. How can I retrieve it?
Just click the Forgot Password link on the login page.
What devices are supported for the mobile app?
We support a majority of Android phones, including Samsung and HTC as well as iPhone. We do not support Windows phone at this time.
Where can I find Mobile Deposit on the mobile app?
To deposit a check with Mobile Deposit, login to the app, tap the red circle with the + sign at the bottom. Then click Remote Deposit. You'll need to allow access to your camera. Then follow the on-screen instructions.
Where’s the sign out button?
Within Mobile Banking, the sign out button is located in the More menu in the bottom right corner.
To deposit a check with Mobile Deposit, login to the app, tap the red circle with the + sign at the bottom. Then click Deposit Check. You'll need to allow access to your camera. Then follow the on-screen instructions.
How do I make a Mobile Deposit?
- Login to the SafeAmerica Credit Union mobile app
- Select the red cirle icon at the bottom, then choose Remote Deposit
- Agree to the terms
- Select the account you want to deposit to
- Take a photo of the front of your paper check
- Take a photo of the back of your endorsed paper check (see below for endorsement instructions)
- Verify or enter the amount
That's all! You'll receive an email notification that your deposit has been accepted.
How do I endorse my paper check when making a Mobile Deposit?
- Sign the back of the paper check
- Write "For mobile deposit only" followed by your account number
- You can destroy your check once you verify the funds have been deposited to your account
How do I sign up for Bill Pay?
Once logged in, click the My Finance tab at the top, then choose Bill Pay.
How do I see my bill payment history in the mobile app?
To view your payment history from within the mobile app, click on the + sign at the bottom then choose Pay Bill. The click on the calendar on the dashboard to view more detail.
Is there a fee for Bill Pay?
Am I automatically enrolled in eStatements when I enroll in online banking?
Yes. You are automatically enrolled in eStatements
How do I update my eStatement preference?
You can enroll/unenroll at any time. Once logged in go to More/Statements. Then click enroll/unenroll.
How do I transfer funds between my SafeAmerica accounts?
To transfer funds between your SafeAmerica accounts, just click on the Transfer Money tab at the top of online banking. To transfer funds within the mobile app, click the red circle with the + sign in the center, then choose Transfer Money. Once in the Transfer Money page, select “Between Your Accounts”. Choose your “from” account, then your “to” account and click Continue. Enter the amount, date you want to send, and choose the frequency if applicable. Select Continue then verify your transfer on the screen. Click Continue to complete the transfer.
How do I transfer funds to/from other SafeAmerica members or other people?
To transfer funds to another SafeAmerica member, just click on the Transfer Money tab at the top of online banking. To transfer funds within the mobile app, click the red circle with the + sign in the center, then choose Transfer Money.
- Once in the Transfer Money page, select “Contacts”.
- Choose your “from” account, then choose an account you want to send to. If you do not have a contact (person) already set up, you will need to add a contact by selecting the Manage Contacts button.
Adding a Contact
- Once in the My Recipients page, select Send Invite.
- Enter the name of the person you want to send money to. This includes other SafeAmerica Credit Union members.
- Enter their email or phone number
- Click Send Invite. An email or text will be sent to your contact telling them that you would like to send them money. Your contact will need to click on the link provided in the text or email and fill out the “Accept Invite” form. They will need to provide their name, their bank’s name, that banks routing number, the account type, and their account number. Then select Accept Invite. They will see a “Success” message. The funds you send usually take 1-2 business days to settle.
You can now go back the Transfer Money page to begin.
- Choose your “from” account, then choose your contact. Continue.
- Enter the amount, date you want to send, and choose the frequency if applicable.
- Agree to the terms provided.
- Select Continue then verify your transfer on the screen. Click Continue to complete the transfer.
How do I transfer funds to/from other financial institutions?
- To transfer funds to/from another financial institution (external account), click on the My Finance tab at the top of online banking, then choose the Bill Pay tile.
- Once in Bill Pay, choose the Transfer/Send Money tab.
- Choose your "To" and “From” accounts, date and frequency and then click Transfer. If you do not have an external account already set up, you will need to add an account by selecting the ADD button. Here's how:
Adding an External Account
- Go to My Finance/Bill Pay
- Once in the Bill Pay page, select the Transfer/Send Money tab, then select the Add button.
- Add your external account's information, agree to the terms and click Save.
- You will see a summary screen with instruction for verifying this new external account.
- Your account ownership of the external account must be verified before sending any money. This is a one-time verification.
- Two small deposits will be made into your external account within 1-2 business days.
- Check your other account (the external account you’re setting up, ie. Chase Account) and look for two small penny deposits. Once you see those deposit amounts, come back to SafeAmerica’s Online Banking and input those amounts. Here's how:
How to input penny deposits to finish verifying your account:
- Log into SafeAmerica’s Online Banking
- Click on My Finance at the top, then choose Bill Pay
- Click on the Transfer/Send Money tab
- In the External Accounts page, you will see your external account that says "Activation Required"
- This is where you will enter those two penny deposits we made to your external account. They can be input in any order. Once you enter the amounts, click Confirm.
Once verified you can go back to the Transfer/Send Money tab to begin. *You only need to verify your account once.